Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mardi Gras Festival

Jen told me about this festival in down town WF that was free and had stuff for the kids so I was all for it since B was working every Saturday finishing his dissertation.  I'm so glad she told me about it because it was so much fun! 






Mardi Gras isn't a big deal up here like down south, but we still decorate a King Cake every year (thanks to Granddad) and enjoy sharing that tradition with others around us.  This year we shared our King Cake with our Financial Peace University classmates from CRF.  B and I decided to take an FPU class (especially since he's going through Elder training-more on that later) so we could make sure we were in line with our finances.  Dave Ramsey was not new to us, but it was a great class and I would recommend it for anyone.  There was a wealth of information and I could go on and on, but this is supposed to be about Mardi Gras.  Like I was saying, our FPU class came over for a potluck after the last class and we cut the King Cake for them.  Most of them hadn't ever heard of King Cake, and just barely heard of Mardi Gras.  Bryce shared the King Cake story with them and Bree Bree found the baby.  I think she might have been scared of it:) 


So the day before the FPU social, I went with J to downtown WF.  We all squeezed in Cherry for the short ride and started in the parking lot where they do the farmer's market.  That's where the bounce houses were, but we were on a mission to find the face-painting.  We had to walk a few blocks but it was so worth it.  The painters were fantastic and very quick.  Even I got my face done.  There was also hair paint and jewels so all the kids (except E) did both.  In addition to face painting, there was hula-hooping, music, food, and bounce houses.  The kids loved it and were so tired.  I think they all took 3+hour naps that afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment