Tuesday, December 12, 2017

3 weeks of guests

Working at Logos Prep has its perks but it also has some obstacles we have to work through.  LP starts 3 weeks earlier than public schools so we had to find childcare for the kids for 3 weeks in August.  We asked our parents and they all graciously agreed to come help us out (1 week each) and keep the kids while I had to work.

The first set of grand-parents were my dad and Ella.  Nana & Tata don't get to make it to Houston much because they both have very busy schedules.  They drove over on a Monday night (August 7) and arrived around midnight.  Tuesday I had a workday so they made it just in time.  The took care of the kids during the day while I was at work and then we would hang out in the evenings.  They also ventured out and took the kids to meet Lorenzo for lunch one day and went to IKEA for lunch on another day.  It was really nice having them for the week because we don't spend a lot of time with them.  They stayed through Thursday night and we ate breakfast Friday before they left to drive back to MS.
fun times with Tata & Nana


eating at Pei Wei one night
Saturday August 12th was when our next pair arrived, Gran & Papaw. They drove down from OK on Saturday and made it to our house Saturday evening, after the kids were in bed.  The kids were not yet asleep, so when they arrived, they got to go in and kiss the kids.  We went to church on Sunday and hung out, I guess.  I don't really remember (yikes).  This was my first week of work at LP so I had to work MWF from 9:15-1:15 but I needed to be there early.  Mr. Paul brought me to work and picked me up at 1:30.  For dinner that night, we ate at the Empanada House in Houston and B met us there after work.  After dinner, B took his parents back to UHD with him to show them around.  I'm glad they had that time with him and it was after hours.  I was home Tuesday  with everyone so we met Anna in Katy and jumped at the Trampoline place because she had free passes.  Then we went back to her house and the kids swam for a while before heading back home to Richmond.  Wednesday I had to work again so we repeated the same process from Monday to Wednesday.  Thursday I was home, but I can't remember what we even did, and then Friday I had to work again.  Friday night Vicki made mac & cheese for us and that's exactly what I wanted because we had CG Prelims the following day.  P/V were going to stay and watch us compete and then drive back to OK.  They changed their minds though and stayed an extra night so they could hear B teach at church.  Saturday night we had a family meal with P/V and M/M family in Houston.  It was at a really nice hotel restaurant in downtown Houston.  Our time with P/V is always nice and we look forward to when they retire and move closer.


Our last pair of sitters were Gram & Granddad.  They arrived Sunday afternoon just in time for us to unpack their car and then head to Awana.  While the kids were at Awana, the adults went to Wendy's for a quick meal.  We weren't terribly hungry, but wanted something light.  Since it was a Sunday night, I had school the next morning so we did not stay up too late.  I worked Monday and Wednesday and the kids stayed with Gram & Granddad.  We hung out together on Tuesday & Thursday because I was off.  Our plans changed at the end of the week because of Hurricane Harvey.  Since the storm was projected to hit Friday, school was cancelled and Gram & Granddad left Friday morning instead of Saturday.  It's a good thing they did because the storm did hit Friday and it ended up wrecking havoc on our city for weeks and weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment