Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Date Night to Texans Game

B & were lucky enough to be invited to a Texan's game last minute one weekend. When I say "last minute" I mean I got a text inviting us on Saturday afternoon for a Sunday night football game.  We asked a few people to see if they could watch the kids but no one was available until we asked Anna.  She "owed" us for watching her kids at some point so she said she could watch them for us.  She offered to just let them spend the night because it was going to be a VERY late night, but with school and work, we decided to just pick them up after the game. 



October 8th, 2017, the Texans hosted the Chiefs for SNF.  We were invited by Pat and Barton.  I work with Pat at Logos and we've become friends.  We eat lunch together every MWF and sometimes talk on the phone.  I really like Pat and she's probably my best friend at Logos.  She teaches Algebra 2, but we always talk about math in general.  She and her husband, Barton, have season tickets.  They usually take their 2 daughters but since it was a late game, she said she didn't want her girls to attend.  Lucky for us, we found childcare and met them at NRG stadium around 5pm.  They tailgate before every home game and have parking passes too.  We ate some tailgate food and talked with Pat's friends and family before entering the game.  The seats were soooo good.  I mean the third row from the field in the end zone.  B and I have never had seats that close before.





I was so excited to see DeShaun Watson & JJ Watt.  Unfortunately, this is the game that JJ Watt broke his leg.  It happened really early in the game and he never returned.  The Texans fought hard though and made it exciting all the way to the end.  We had a blast!
 
Those guys behind us....haha

This guy kept leaning back in my space!


We are in the background of this picture.  This is from TV when Anna paused it and took a picture because she could see us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment